VAG COM 11.11 is the newest OBD2 repair car diagnostic interface that uses the new 7-Digit PIN/SKC codes to match new keys in all immobilizer equipped Audi/Skoda/VW/Seat 2012 models, including compatibility with models using a direct CAN connection for diagnostics.
The VAG COM 11.11.3 package comprises 1PC x VAG COM 11.11.3 cable and 1PC x CD driver (version VAG COM 11.11.3). Its PC requirements include a computer running Ms Windows. However, a laptop, tablet or Netbook is best. A desktop PC can also be used too. VAG COM 11.11 diagnostic cable works perfectly with Windows XP, 2000, 32-bit, 64-bit and Vista.
Unlike the older versions, VCDS 11.11.3 adds the following improvements:
- Added text box to disable the aggressive and frustrating fault reading mode we have often used under UDS.
- It has separated routines by protocols
- Revised and expanded Label Files and a new version of LCode
- Larger area of the Readiness Screen to display more info for Basic Settings
- Added data types OD, OF, OB to Generic OBD2 Mode 9.
- Enhanced interpretation of status byte for DTCs in UDS modules
- New USB Drivers which are compatible with the latest PCs which employ the use of Fresco Logic USB3 chipsets.
- Re-factored DTC routines which are capable of giving enhanced interpretation of the DTC data.
- Completely revised and enhanced ROD (ODX) data that also includes a larger coverage for additional updated control modules.
- A new and more universal airbag coding assistant.
The VAG COM 11.11.3 version also comprises a database of more than 14000 fault-codes and measuring-block texts, and allows you to have a clearer view, log, and graph 3 groups of Measuring Blocks concurrently. In addition, it can access all control modules and display critical timing information on TDI engines in graphic form.
The VAG HEX CAN USB interface supports output tests, measuring values and adaptations on control modules that use the new 2010 ODX/UDS/ASAM protocol. It adds new UDS addresses as well as updated ODX data for all the latest car models (from 1991 to 2011). Being an intelligent connector with on-board microprocessor, the USB acts as a “dongle” when used with this interface, thereby, enabling it to establish sessions to individual control modules much more quickly that a “dumb” interface.
The VAG HEX CAN USB Interface measures and uses the exact baud rate, exactly the same one a control module wants. It also reads and clears all fault codes, covers all the modules including ABS, airbag, gearbox, engine, central locking among others, and also retracts all the late model handbrakes for pad changes. In fact, the new firmware for HEX interface has enhanced compatibility with the 6J Ibiza Updated Label files which has resulted into better documentation for new and existing models.
The cable on the VAG HEX CAN USB interface is about 6 feet long; just right enough for most laptops. However, most USB standards do not allow for passive extension cords. This means that if you really need an extension, then the best thing to do is to try an Active USB extension.